Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Tuesday

I have skipped one too many days a the gym these past few weeks. I went last night and I can barely move today. Luckilly I'm working alone today, so I might do more stretching.

I was cleaning out my purse last night and came across some recipes I copied when I was home for Christmas. My Grandma Cannan was a famous candy maker in my hometown (my hips are all her fault). She has long past, but I was able to write down all the recipes I remember loving as a child. My all time favorites were these:

Grandma's Famous Pecan Turtles


  • 1lb or (55 pieces) kraft carmels

  • 2 TBSP Water

  • 1lb bag of pecans

  • 1 - 6oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • 1/2 TSP instant coffee (optional)


  1. Heat carmels and water in a double boiler for 5 minutes or until smooth and bubbly.

  2. Grease baking sheets and arrange pecans in groups of three, about 2" apart.

  3. Drop melted carmel by the TSP on each group of pecans and let them cool at least 15 minutes.

  4. Melt chocolate pieces in a double boiler and add instant coffee.

  5. Drop melted chocolate by TSP on each group of carmel pecan. Spread chocolate if necessary.

  6. Set in a cool dry place for 1 hour or until firm.

  7. Enjoy!

Makes 36 Turtles

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 1/09/2007 08:38:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home