Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Monday

I have a heavy heart today. My baby sister got married yesterday to her fiancé of two months. I haven’t even seen her engagement ring and she’s already married!

Ed, my new BIL joined the Navy last year and is leaving next week on his first trip out to sea. They wanted to get married before he left so they exchanged vows in my parent’s living room yesterday with a Justice of the Peace officiating. They plan to have a “church” wedding sometime in August.

Where does God fit in to this marriage? Please pray for the salvation of my sister Katie and well, the rest of my family. I’ve tried to witness to them, but I’m only labeled as “judgmental”. I sometimes wonder if that is why God led me to Andy (who was out of the state at the time). Maybe he wanted me to have a chance to grow in maturity without the constant temptation to try to fit in with my family. It’s been really hard separating myself from the people I love most in the world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news….Andy and I have been working on reformatting our Youth Group here at church. I’m really excited about the new structure. So far we have a Lock-in, Camping Trip, Worship Concert and 30 Hour Famine weekend planned. I’m getting excited to see what God is going to with our church!

I’ve been trying to throw something together for Easter Dinner. Andy’s Mom is coming on Saturday. She has a very limited diet, and Andy is an infamous picky eater. I grew up eating ham on Easter, “because that’s what people do”. Andy detests ham. I’m sick of turkey. What’s left? I’m thinking maybe a Roast Beef, but I have never in my life cooked such a thing and question whether or not it would be a good idea to try it for the first time on Easter. I’m not sure what do to. I do know however that these WILL be on the menu: scalloped potatoes, homemade rolls, and fat free chocolate pudding pie. I love Easter. It’s my favorite holiday.

Labels: , ,

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 4/02/2007 11:44:00 AM,

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter dinner: We've had everything, I think, under the sun. This year we're doing turkey, which is a first. Apparently my mom went a bit overboard at Thanksgiving when turkeys were cheap, so we're going to eat up at least one of the birds she's got in the freezer.

But, other years we've done leg of lamb (umm, totally yum! I love lamb!), pork loin (another yum, and pretty easy to make taste good), and even chicken florentine.

Ryan and I won't be in town this weekend, after all. He ended up needing to go to CA for business, and chose this week because the other weeks in April were already committed.

Next time... :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I never realized that your family didn't share the same convitions when it came to your faith. . . that must certainly be difficult :( Do your best to keep them in your prayers and remember that there is a plan for all of us. . . you seem to be well on the path that was chosen for you, just be thankful for all the good in your life and try not to let things get in your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home