Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Blogger VK

I've been on a vacation from blogging. Not intentional of course...it just happened. It? Life.

Things at the Wheeler household are a little well, messy. Andy still hasn't unpacked his suitcase from his trip to London last week. Laundry is piled as high as the ceiling. Consequently I'm on my last pair of socks. Dishes are clean in the dishwasher, but more dirty ones are waiting patiently on the counter. The kitchen floor is muddy. Carpets need to be vacuumed. There just isn't enough time to get it all done.

Thursday night and all day on Friday we were at church or running errands to prepare for the Youth Group Lock-In. We were wiped out before the thing even began! It was awesome though and the kids loved it. Pics?: Here.

We played Rock Band, X-box, Hoops, darts, Foose Ball, Board Games, etc. etc. from 7pm on Friday 'till 7am on Saturday. Then came the worst part...clean-up.

The Pastors made us all breakfast and we were home by 10am. Andy and I feel instantly asleep. I on the couch with the dog, and Andy upstairs (one of us has to stay downstairs or Molly will HOWL - this only happens when we try to sleep during the day. Night is fine - she's weird). We slept until about 4pm and then Andy got sick. Really, really sick. Several times. Ick. Needless to say - the bathrooms are spotless.

I never got sick, but I was so very sore. I (sort of?) got into an accident on Friday. Its hard to explain, but basically I was stopped at a light waiting to take a left hand turn. The car ahead of me accelerated when it turned green, but she didn't see this HUGE dump truck barreling through the red light in the other direction. Ugh. Needless to say the truck hit her (t-boned her) and then the dump truck started to roll toward ME.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I quickly threw my car in reverse (without looking btw) and flew backward into a snow bank. Luckily no one was behind me. The dump truck rested about 4inches from my car. Had I not moved back....well....I don't want to think about that. God truly protected me on Friday. Anyone who knows me knows that I have horrible reflexes - and this all happened in seconds.

Anywho, I left unharmed. Our car didn't have a scratch on it. Praise God! I do think I got a little whip lash. I can still barely move my neck from side to side without screaming in pain. I'm thankful that's all I have to deal with though.

I still don't know the status of the women in the car ahead of me. I know she was hurt badly, but I can't seem to get any info yet. Please pray for her and her family if you think of it.

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 1/28/2008 11:33:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Looks like lock in was a success. Hope Andy is better and your neck is no longer stiff. Yes, a stiff neck is definitely the better of the deal.
I will be praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home