Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Fun....is exhausting

We took the youth group to Funtown/Splashtown this weekend. I've never been fond of rides in general, but I am especially not fond of off-the-ground type rides (ie. anything that is not the tea cups). I'm proud of myself though. I went WAY outside my comfort zone for the kids and rode this new attraction (the orange one - The Mammoth, gasp). After much coaxing I also went on the log floom. Oh. My. Gosh. I was only slightly hysterical on the way up, and the tears dried before we reached the end. Andy was positive I was going to jump out of the boat. Which believe me, I thought about during the 2 hours (roughly) we were ascending to the top - I think it shows incredible restaint that I stayed aboard.

No amount of sweet talking could get me to ride this however (I was dry heaving just watching Andy):

If you listen closely you can hear heavy sighing...that would be me.

More pictures here, video here.

Labels:

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 7/17/2007 07:47:00 AM,

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE have a ride like that at our Six Flags. I went on it one time, it was fun, but I think once was enough. It is very peaceful at the top, and very quiet. One girl after me peed her pants. I would have died of embarrassment.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kelly O. said...

I've been that girl. ;)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Amanda Wheeler said...

Oh Kelly! :)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Kelly O. said...

You guys take the best pictures! And the skinny blonde boy (not Taavet, the other one) reminds me of the Prince from The Prince and Me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home