Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Lost in Translation

.........................to the deli guy in Hannaford


Me: Can I have a 1/2 lb of turkey?
Deli guy: How do you want that sliced?
Me: thin?
Deli guy: Is this OK? (holds up razor thin slice of turkey you can actually see through)
Me: Perfect
Deli guy: Anything else?
Me: Yes, could I have a 1/4lb of the Virginia Ham...and can you cut it thicker?
Deli guy: Is this good? (holds up razor thin slice)
Me: A little thicker
Deli guy: How about this? (still razor thin)
Me: How about just a tiny bit thicker
Deli guy: (mumbles something in another language).
Me: I'm sure whatever you cut will be fine.
Deli guy: Weird smile. Hands me deli meat.
Me: (Distracted by a swarm of hungry Canadians that just walked into Hannaford) I say thanks and throw Deli meat in cart.
When I get home this is what I find:
Gross.

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 7/12/2007 09:06:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Too funny!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that that is extremely rude of the deli guy, although after a few minutes of ranting, I would probably be laughing hysterically :) why doesnt weird stuff like that ever happen to me?

i guess, i would cube it up and use it for salad :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Amanda Wheeler said...

It was definitely funny after a while. I'm going to chop it up and use it in omelets. Maybe I’ll bring him one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home