Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Season of busyness

My desk at work is pilled high with scribbled post-its and to-do lists. My desk at home looks the same. The next two weeks promise chaos. This Saturday we are gearing up for our big event at church: Honor Our Heroes. As a result we've had meeting upon meeting this week even at night, ugh. We are tired. Friday is another big day for us. It's the big Youth Group Beach Party that was cancelled last week due to thunder & lightening. Hopefully this week will bring good weather!

Next week is my sister Katie's wedding reception and my Mom's huge 50th birthday party. Andy and I (& Molly) will be making the ten hour drive home to New York. I can't wait to see my family! Due to Andy's allergies (he is severely allergic to cats) we will be sleeping outside in a lovely two room tent at my parent’s house. It saves us mucho denaro in hotel costs, not to mention that the nearest hotel to my parents is over 30 miles away. They really do live in the middle of nowhere.

Amidst the busyness I am looking forward to the fruit of our labor. I can’t wait to see the community come to our Honor Our Heroes Family Fun Day (June 30th from 1-3 if you’re in the area). I’m starting to catch the vision for our church (turning the people of Maine into wholehearted followers of Jesus) and can’t wait to see how this event will bring harvest.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. -Galatians 6:9

Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. -Matthew 13:8

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 6/26/2007 07:48:00 AM,

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger NYCindividual said...

"Evan" was a lot better than "Bruce," but both make good discussion topics for Christians. Hope yours goes well.

By the way, thanks for posting Galations 6:9. I've been reading a lot of similar verses lately that have really encouraged me, so now I have a new verse to memorize.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Sounds like you have some busy, exciting times ahead. I hope they all go well and you have a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home