Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Tomorrow Is Not Promised

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
-Proverbs 27:1

My father had a stroke.

My mother, of whom my father is no longer married to, just called and told me the news. "Dad collapsed playing tennis and temporarily lost his vision and speech".

This sounded all too familiar. My Grandfather collapsed on the golf course and died. Luckily my father will and is recovering, but it still left me with the same feeling; like I had just eaten a 6-pack of cotton socks. I was unable to swallow or blink for several seconds and then came the tears.

I don't handle these "things' well. I never have. And as a result I'm usually the last one to know about them. It's hard not to feel a wave of emotions: sad, scared and a little left out.

I am thankful though because my Dad is the only one in my family (besides ME) that knows and loves the Lord. There is great comfort in knowing that we will always be together no matter what happens.

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 6/18/2007 05:37:00 PM,

6 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Amanda, praying for you and your family!!! God is with you always!

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda! I'm so sorry you have to endure something like this. Watching people age is definitely the hardest thing about growing up. I am praying for you and your family.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Anne Coleman said...

Prayers! I am so sorry this happened. I'm thinking of you and dad.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Linda said...

So sorry. You and your family are definitely in our prayers.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Amanda I'm so sorry. Seding up prayers for you and your Dad. I pray that he makes a full recovery.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying now for you! (Thanks for your similar prayers last week.)

About the comment you left- we didn't stop in at Good Ole Wishy's, can you believe it? We walked right passed it though and Jeff commented that he'd never there, but the timing wasn't great for icecream right then. I did have a good talk with Darcy while we were in NY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home