Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Bug bites and Burgers

:: I love Fridays. I spent the day catching up on the mundane things of life…laundry, dishes, painting my toes. You know the important stuff.

:: To my delight I didn’t have to cook dinner tonight. We had a BBQ with our youth group. It was a blast! We played croquet, volleyball and catch. We used paper plates, had a wonderful meal of grilled hamburger and hotdogs and made s’mores over the fire. My favorite part of the night was when we sang worship songs around the campfire. It brought back so many wonderful memories of my own youth group when I was a kid. We didn’t have a traditional youth group back then, but a bunch of us would get together at a camp in the woods and sing for hours around the campfire. Remember these classics: As the deer, Light the fire, Create in Me a Clean Heart, Oh God You are My God, Step by Step… I could go on and on. I need to blow the dust of my guitar. I’ve taken a four year sabbatical from playing. Back then I was mediocre….I can’t image what I would sound like now.

:: My hair smells like campfire smoke. I love it.

:: Bug bite total: 457 (this is WITH bugspray). I'm sweet, what can I say?

:: More pictures HERE!

:: Have you seen the preview for Evan Almighty? The movie looks funny. It's the story of Noah and the great flood. Granted it's not biblically sound, but funny (Morgan Freedman plays God). What's really interesting is it's being marketed to churches through http://www.arkalmighty.com/. I'm not sure how I feel about that one.

:: It is true that the The Evan Almighty outreach campaign has a unique twist, "it is to enable youth groups and churches to easily get involved in practical and tangible volunteer outreach." - But do we need a movie to do this? And are the makers of this movie really interested in helping the needs of the community or isn't their real goal only to sell more tickets?

:: Do I really need a movie in order to reach my community? If I want to use a movie to reach the community, instead of investing all the time and effort with this kind of marketing strategy and campaign, I should just take my neighbor or friend to the movie with me, and then grab a coffee with them afterwards to talk about it. That would be more effective.What do you think? Do I have a point? Or did I eat too many grouchy flakes this morning?

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 6/08/2007 10:32:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home