Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Cooking & Cleaning

Since I've been on vacation I've been cooking and cleaning up a storm. It's fun when you don't have to do something to get it done like a usual work week. This cooking and cleaning (organizing) is pure pleasure.

With the addition of my new pot and bread maker so far I've made the following delicious things:

WW Beef & Barley Soup
No will know this is a low-calorie soup unless you tell them. It's so good!

2 cup = 3 WWP

1 pound of extra lean ground beef - I brown it first in a frying pan, and then rinse and drain it to try and get every bit of fat off it

6 cups beef broth - I use the ready made canned one, but you could use bouillon cubes or packages to make six cups worth

1/3 cup barley

1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes

1-14 oz can tomatoes with herbs Then add whatever vegetables you want.

I put in: onions mushrooms carrots celery green pepper red pepper cauliflower frozen green beans.

I also add a few spices: oregano, cracked black pepper, red pepper flakes

Simmer on low heat two hours.

Friday night I made Portobella Mushroom Lasagna. We saw it on the food network during on Christmas Eve and everyone (Linda & Andy) agreed we (me) should make it for New Years Day. Given that Andy really doesn't like many new recipes I decided to test it out before I made it as a holiday dinner. I'm glad I did! It was SO good, and Andy had two servings! This is definitely a keeper.

Finally, if you have a bread maker....you must try this recipe.

Ricotta Cheese Bread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm off to clean! I got new storage units for my scrapbooking room and I can't wait to put them together!

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 12/30/2007 10:48:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Kelly O. said...

Sounds yummy! Happy New Year! Balderdash soon?!?! We're SO in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home