Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Internet Savvy

My mom called the other night and asked if I could help her book a plane ticket to Georgia to visit my sister. She was having an "awful time". Within seconds I pulled up Cheaptickets.com.

Mom: Wait, already?

Me: Yes, mom. The rest of the world has high speed internet.

Mom: Hmm, I didn't know it would be that fast! (for the record the poor lady still uses dial up....FREE dial up at that).

Me: Ok Mom, give me your info and I'll get your ticket all set. We can even pick out your seat!

Mom: Gives information. Then gives out desired seat preference. Changes mind. "I would like to sit three rows back on the right - near the window. No. The isle. "

Me: OK. That's from here to here on Tuesday at 6am and your sitting three rows back on the right, isle. Sound good?

Mom: Oh thanks Mandy (no, it's never ok to call me that unless you're my Mother). Send it over.

Me: I'll sent it right over.

Mom: It's still not here.

Me: Be patient. I just sent it.

Mom: Where does it come out? Does it come out this thingy?

Me: Mom, the actual ticket doesn't come out of your machine. I sent you a confirmation to your e-mail.

Mom: Oh. I don't want to do it if I don't get the ticket.

Me: Hangs up. (Not really, but I did want to beat my head on my desk).

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 1/30/2008 06:21:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!!!

I tell my parents all the time that I'm going to start charging them for tech support. I also tell them that people over 60 should have to have annual driving tests, but thats a whol other subject. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home