Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Unusual

I got up at 5:50am this morning.

I slipped out of bed as to not wake up my snoring husband. Tip-toed downstairs past the basset asleep on her back, legs straight up in the air (this might be my favorite thing about her) and down to the basement.

The sun wasn't up yet but I was. It's my new thing: exercise. I've really never liked it, but for the past two weeks I've made a commitment to myself to get serious about taking off some pounds. So far I've lost ten. Who knew eating right and exercising would be the trick?

I’m on Weight Watchers again. I tried the program before, and did well on it about a year ago, but then I just sort of gave up. It’s hard. It’s hard with little support. This time is different though. Andy has been very encouraging and he is making some changes too. Which is a really big step for him. He hates change.

This morning was the first day of exercising in the morning. As someone who has NEVER been a morning person, I must say there is something to it. Everything is still and quiet in the morning and when I was on the treadmill, it was the perfect time to spend time with the Lord. Multitasking!

I’ve been cooking healthy meals up a storm! Here are a few of our my favorites!

Lentil Chili
This stuff will change your life.
5pts per cup
Don't cook with Lentils? They are one of the worlds heathiest foods!


Mediterranean Meatloaf

I've been living on this stuff. I don't make the whole meatloaf though. I make little 2point meatloaf muffins. I know "meat muffins" don't sound like the most appetizing thing in the world, but they are delicious and they freeze great! Oh, I do make a few modifications to the recipe - I detest sun dried tomotoes so I sub them out for 3/4c. shredded carrots and I use reduced fat feta cheese. Um. And I used "italian style" ground turkey not the regular. It has more flavor.

Any good low-fat recipes for ME?


posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 2/11/2008 02:55:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Amanda! It really is HARD work to have a healthly lifestyle. I will never forget a comment from one fitness guru when someone told him he sure must like exercise. He responded, "No, I hate exercising, but I love what it does to my body." Very, very true. I pray God will give you perseverance and joy in the process! Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home