Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


One week down

I just finished my first week at church. On a Thursday - yes the four day work week is sweet. It was all I hoped, and I am so thankful.

A old friend called tonight out of the blue. What a blessing it was to hear from her. We were very close until about a year ago when Andy and I moved from Salem, MA to Saco, ME. We worked together at Liberty Publishing. More confirmation came today when she told me about all the layoffs at Liberty. It's so hard to know friends and co-workers are now jobless. I'll be keeping them in my prayers.

Speaking of praying. Pastor Eric, myself and other members of the church pray and read every morning before we start work. How cool is this job?

Tomorrow I have agreed to work at Camp, even though I really don't want to. It will be nice to have two paychecks though, and our car has a date at the shop this Saturday.

I'll leave you with a verse we read today that I love...

"As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is MY word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
-Isaiah 55:10-11

Are you full on the word?

posted by Andy and Amanda Wheeler @ 8/24/2006 09:02:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Well, a four day week, that is sweet. You definitely have it better than I had. Praying in the morning was also a practice when I worked as the Admim. Asst. at the church. I had a 5 day week because I was also responsible for getting out the bulletin. It was nice to have one day when the others did not come in.
Nice of you to agree to work at Camp today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home