Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


This and That

A gentle tongue can break a bone. Proverbs 25:15
A gentle answer turns away wrath. Proverbs 15:1


I've been reading a lot lately about how to "fight" like a girl. Proverbs 25:15 sounds like a weak answer, but there is abundant power in words we speak and ones we don't. I've been trying to hold my tongue and let God lead. It's a little scary to walk by faith instead of fear. But God knows our weaknesses even before we tell him .... "before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear (Isaiah 65:24)".

In other news:
- No baby yet! My SIL got sent home from the hospital. She is very discouraged, but hopefully soon!

- I've lost 6lbs this week doing WW. Who knew this could happen?

- I just gave Molly a bath. I got much wetter than she.

- We rented The Lake House tonight. Is it any good?

- One Night with the King (The story of Ester) is playing in theaters starting tomorrow! I want to go!

- I talked with an old friend from MA last night. It's so good to reconnect with people. I miss Boston.

posted by Andy and Amanda Wheeler @ 10/13/2006 12:12:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never officially "joined" WW (I'm too cheap), but I've always followed their diet restrictions for losing "baby weight." I love it and have found it to WORK!

Also, my sister told me the Lake House is good... I've never seen it, but she's usually right when she says something's enjoyable.

Oh yeah--and since we live in the north country, I'm sure one night with the king will never make it to our theaters!!!!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Linda said...

How was the Lake House?
I checked and One Night with the King will be playing at both Carousel Mall and Great Northern Mall! Yeah!
As for weekend plans: just to finally get the laundry center in.
Everything is done with the exception of painting the space.
My knee is painful but more so is the pain in my hip from trying to favor my knee. I told my family if something wasn't done soon I would need "hoveround". Matty loves to walk and our walks have become increasingly shorter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home