Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Timing

It’s funny how He places people on our hearts at the perfect time.

Off and on for the last couple months I’ve been praying for a woman that went to our church regularly last year. After the new year she seemed to drop off the face of the earth. This happens a lot in church, but this particular woman stuck with me for some reason. I prayed for her for several months and then kind of gave up. Not consciously, but I just didn’t think of her often anymore. Last Saturday though, I tossed and turned in bed for hours. I felt that familiar prompting and began to pray for her again. I prayed that God would change her heart and that she would be encouraged to come to church on Sunday. I fell asleep shortly after that and didn’t think of it again until I heard her voice in the foyer of our church the next morning.

A few days ago another person that frequented our church from time to time popped into my head. Today we found out that he passed away last Thursday.

Our friend Casey, a hurricane Katrina survivor moved into a primarily French speaking building a few months ago. He is fresh off the boat from the bayou, so his first language is French. How handy. His building consists mostly of elderly and people with disabilities. About a month ago he started having daily bible studies in his apartment. There was a gentleman who grew up in Catholosism who starting coming to his study. Last Thursday at the study he gave his heart to the Lord with Casey’s help. Friday he went to be with the Lord.

God’s timing is amazing. Let us be content where we are.

Eccles. 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Psalm 31:15
Hour by hour I place my days in your hand,
safe from the hands out to get me.

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 5/02/2007 10:39:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Linda said...

isn't His timing always perfect?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home