Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Mostly dead

I have pneumonia.

Andy was sure I was just being a hypochondriac, like usual...but even he was suspicious after the 103 degree fevers didn't break. Lucky for me, my husband works in infectious disease so he was able to bring home a test to see if I had pneumonia or if I was just being a whinny baby (even I was sure of the later). The test came back positive. I peed in a cup, he swabbed the sample and inserted it into the test thingy (can you guess who owns the right brain in this pair?) and our relationship grew to a deeper level.

I went into work this morning for literally a few minutes. I have missed two days of work in a row and the office was in disarray...well for a type A personality anyway. I threw two trash bins full of Oriental Trading Company catalogs away, found my desk, checked my e-mail and printed the bulletin. It was the most exhausted I've felt in days. It is also the most time I've spent vertical in three days. I really, really need to vacuum my ceiling fan. Gross.

After that grueling work, I went to the doctors so I could pay them to tell me what I already knew (and so they could write me a prescription). The doctor offered me a prescription of Vicodin for the pain. I politely declined and asked for something a little less potent...cough syrup maybe?

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 4/13/2007 01:55:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Not really, but thanks for asking. Pretty sure I just have a bad cold. Glands are very swollen today. Have a dr. appt. on Tues. AM. Shall be praying you recover fast. I can remember going into CFC office to run the bulletin when I was sick......so your post brought back a lot of memories.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! how terrible!

But you still made me laugh with your comment about the ceiling fan. These last several weeks I have seen more cobwebs and dust in places I'd never before taken time to look as I sit on my couch and bed for hours and hours!! :)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should think Andy swabbing your urine for diseases would take your relationship to a deeper level. :)
I don't even like Brian to be in the bathroom when I have to pee.
I hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well look who I found! Thanks for the laughs reading your blog. I love your style . . . and your heart for God . . . and the opportunity to keep in touch! Blessings!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Kelly O. said...

So much for hoping pneumonia isn't contagious! I'm glad you're starting to feel a little bit better (after all, everyone knows that if you're only mostly dead, you're still partly alive!)

We did lose power for about an hour or two early yesterday morning but that was it. Our internet was down all day though which took out our phone (darn voip!) Our road is washed out though so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home