Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Babies on the Brain

Part of my job at church is planning baby showers. I have one coming up in March and i'm starting to think of the invitations I need to make. What do you think of these? I'm not sure of the color as the parent's-to-be aren't finding out the sex of the baby. I was leaning toward a sage background and ivory front with black lettering. What do you think?

(these are used as an announcement, but can easily be adapted to a shower invitation)

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 1/23/2007 10:02:00 AM,

6 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them! But I do agree that maybe sage/ivory is better when you don't know the gender. Perhaps you can save these for a shower when you do know??

Where did you find them? I'm always looking for nice birth announcements and get frustrated that most are a bit cheesy.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Amanda Wheeler said...

I actually saw them in InStyle magazine. I don't subscribe or anything, but I was flipping through while I was waiting in line at the grocery store. They can be found at www.tinyprints.com, but are ridiculously expensive (50 for $275!)

I plan to make my own by running the top part through the printer, punching out the design with a scrapbooking punch and then gluing it to cardstock. I'm excited to get started!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are fantastic! I love the sage/ivory idea as well. Be sure to take a final photo of your project.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kelly O. said...

YOU KILL ME! I lack any kind of craftiness and am exceedingly jealous of you. ;) I LOVE LOVE LOVE those announcement/invitations! We can't wait to see you today!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Linda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Linda said...

They are right. You just seem to exude creativity. The invitations look great. I, too, am anxious to see the final product.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home