Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge


Oh Melinda...

Andy predicted it. He did. He's been saying for weeks that Melinda would get the boot and Blake and Jordan would be in the finale. I didn't want to believe him, but it's true. Man, I hate when he's right.

My Mom made it through surgery fine. Thank you to everyone who prayed. She was scheduled to have the more evasive surgery, but they were able to do it laparoscopically (which is smaller and a tiny less painful). She still is in a lot of pain though. I talked to her this afternoon and she sounded like a drunken sailor. Clearly the anesthesia hadn't warn off yet which took me completely off guard. My sisters are there by her side for the next few days. I'm glad about that. She gets 8 paid weeks off from work so she might come fly out to Maine and visit me for a week...which would be lovely.

This weekend is busy, busy, busy. We have youth group tomorrow night, a huge youth fundraiser all day Saturday and then Sunday after church we have a big decorating meeting after church for a summer event at church. Andy and I are going to try and take it easy until then. Tonight is the big finale of The Office. We can't wait! Oh, what will happen with Jim and Pam!?!?

posted by Amanda Wheeler @ 5/17/2007 03:12:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I thought Melinda would go, too. She's just not the AI culture "type," if you know what I mean. I think it's interesting that the youngest girl to make it to the semi-finals in all 6 seasons was 22 years old. I think that tells us what most AI voters are valuing-- a look, a style, etc., but not necessarily vocal talent. Still, I was hoping that people would realize how much better Melinda is than the others! I think even Blake and Jordin know how much better she is than them-- at least the looks on their faces when she was kicked off said they do!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I'm so glad that your Mom's surgery went well. I was hoping Melinda would be in the final two, but I also like Jordin and I hope she wins. Blake isn't really a singer to me. LOL! I spent my weekend working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home